NOVICA Natural Suar Wood East Meets West Hand Carved Wall Mirror From Indonesia 'Mataram Rococo'
- Size: 12" W x 15.25" H x 0.8" D
- Authentic: an original NOVICA fair trade product in association with National Geographic.
- Certified: comes with an official NOVICA Story Card certifying quality & authenticity.
- Exceptional Artisan Quality by Sarwaedi - crafted with care to be treasured for years to come.
- Product info: Suar wood, plywood, glass
Details: NOVICA, in association with National Geographic, works together with talented artisan designers around the world to produce stunning, keepsake treasures. Our mantra is to spread global happiness, so rest assured - we'll do everything we possibly can to ensure you're a happy customer.
About this item: Mataram, now the name of a city on the Indonesian island of Lombok, was once the name of both an Islamic sultanate and a Hindu-Buddhist kingdom in Java. The talented Sarwaedi in Bali names this hand-carved wood mirror after the diverse and historically rich region. The mirror, which has a beautifully rococo style, is crafted from richly grained suar wood with a natural finish.
Glass size: 7" W x 9" H
Frame: 15.25" W x 12.0" H x 0.8" D
Mirror: 7.0" W x 9.0" H
- Designed to hang vertically only
- Wood grain and color can vary slightly
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
About our Artist: 'I was born in Sukawati, Gianyar in Bali on April 21 1970. In the town where I grew up, most people are wood carvers, and so was my family. I learned wood sculpture by watching my parents. In those days, children began learning the art at a young age and I was not alone. Today, I continue working with wood, but I'm focusing on making vases and classic boxes. I give unique finishes to my designs to distinguish them from the others.'...